Monday 15 February 2016

Queries to the fallen star



I conceded myself into your soul.

Not a sole question I arose.
Dejected anticipations,
jumbled thoughts,
and a heart full of doubts.
Yet I caught my breath, 
appeased myself for no reason. 

I wondered why? Out of all the stars I had,
and I knew, the whole sky and the land was mine
but I fell upon the star that fell.
A falling star, shedding all my dreams away.

I wondered why? Within your premises, 
I knew, I could be the ball of fire
but like the planets around the sun,
dolefully, I kept moving around.

I don’t wonder, clinging onto those ‘why’s.
But I do wonder, what made you be the sun?
While you could have been the star that twinkles
why did you have to fall? 
Into the land that owns no fantasy at all.

I keep falsely consoling myself.
You weren’t that star.
You are clouded and you will shine again.
I hate to regain my hope sometimes
willing to get answers that belong to me.
It wasn’t you, I realize. But the answers,
they are still mine.

0 comments:

Post a Comment